Friday, April 8, 2011

Basking

I love words.

Here is one I like very much.

Bask

It means:

1. to lie in or be exposed to a pleasant warmth

2. to enjoy a pleasant situation

enjoy, relish, savor, savour
 
Have you ever had a really good experience and even after it was over, you still find yourself smiling? You feel as if  a cloud of goodness surrounds you and in that moment all is right within you even if it is not without?

Despite a particularly difficult week (or difficult year, for that matter), I find myself feeling this way, tonight. I left work this afternoon emotionally and physically drained. I went to pick up the older children. It took a bit longer than expected. I found myself being short and irritable. We traveled to Papa's to get Dinah, and played for a bit. Amelia and Tess decided that they wanted to spend the night with him, so Ty and Dinah were my companions home to freshen up before I went to church for a Women's Ministry event.

On the way to our house, I had to convince myself I really wanted to go out at all. My shoulders sagged and my eyelids were heavy, and a desire to put on some jammies and crawl into bed. I bought my ticket for the Women's event earlier in the week for just this scenario. How many times do I just stay home because I am tired. I knew I would miss a blessing if I stayed home and I was determined not to let my fatigue get in the way of that. I had bought my ticket. I was going.

The authors of A Cord of Three Strands were sharing their testimony. I have not yet read the book, but know many who have. Over and over, I have heard each woman say the same thing. They couldn't put it down until they were done. They cried and cried. They were blessed and blessed again.
I'm so glad I went despite my longing for bed. I got to spend time with friends I don't see very often. I ate good food. I was pleased to see all the women and a few men who wanted to hear more of this amazing story. I was moved to tears as I listened to a story of God's love, mercy, grace, and restoration. In their words, "Longing, Leaving and Living". I cried out to God for my loved ones to experience all those things. I worshipped our Lord.

I left with a little more spring in my step than before. I feel peaceful. And despite my smudged face (Ty let me know that my mascara was running just as we walked in the door at home), I felt beautiful, basking in His glow.

I hope you get a chance to read A Cord of Three Strands. (I've got my copy.) I pray you experience the love and forgiveness that God offers. I hope you bask in the the warmth of His love, and savour time spent in His presence so much that you never want to walk without Him again.

Glowing,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment