Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Too Cool For Air Conditioning

Well, the air conditioning is out. It has been since Saturday. The temperatures in the upper 90's are really being felt in this house. I ran from the tiny window unit in the unfinished addition to the Towering Inferno that we used to call the upstairs to fetch things to get ready for work. I always forgot something and had to "go back in there." There was a lot of sighing going on. This is where my train of thought took me; Care to take a ride?

Oh my goodness, it's HOT!
Cold shower. check!
Sweating even before done toweling. Bad.
Gather getting ready things, clothes, shoes, watch.
Quickly.
But move slowly.
Need to not sweat more.
Ceiling fan.
Not helping much but moving air.
How do some people do this all summer?
I need to see if we can afford to donate a couple of box fans to the Salvation Army.
Go down stairs to stand with my face 2 inches from window unit to stop melting process.
Thank you, God for air conditioning.
Some people don't have air conditioning.
Tripped on a piece of bedding in the floor of the addition.
Kids thought it was fun camping in the unfinished room.
If this were a covered wagon...I feel like a pioneer.
Thank you, Lord for fun with the kids.
Oh Sugar! I forgot something upstairs!
I'm stinking already.
We think some people smell because they don't take care of themselves.
Maybe they don't have AC.
Maybe instead of being grossed out, we should get to know them and see if they need help.
Don't usually wear perfume to work, but spray, spray.
Thank you, Lord for perfume.
Lord, please don't let my patient's be allergic.
Mop face again.
I'll prop my little blush mirror on the window unit.
Have I thanked you before, Lord, for this amazing invention we call a window unit?
Do I even bother with the make-up?
It is your second night, Anna.
You don't want the patient's who saw you last night worrying if you are unwell.
Maybe I should have called in HOT.
Stop being so dramatic, Anna.
Thank you, Lord, that I'm well enough to work.
Thank you for AC at work.
Dinah's hair is so curly from sweat. She looks so sweet.
I need to get Eric to stay at his dad's with the kids.
Tess and Ty can go to Momma's.
Thank you, Lord for a family that cares and can help.
I bet our electric bill will be lower this month.
Thank you, Lord, that we are able to pay our electric bill.
Please give us the opportunity to pay someone's bill who needs it.
Yay! I made it to the van AC.
Blow, Baby, Blow!
Thank you for a vehicle that has AC that works.
Some people have to drive all summer without it.

As I write this the workmen have come.
I probably shouldn't hug them. It might embarass them.

Update: He says there isn't anything wrong now. It is blowing cool air now. Call us back if it does it again.

Lord, was this a test?
You know the children are going to want to sleep in the floor all the time.
Thank you for the AC perspective.
You know I don't like to get too comfortable.


Anna Becoming

No comments:

Post a Comment