Wednesday, July 6, 2011

As Long as We Both Shall Live

Eric and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary last week.  Some of these years have been lovely, some have been miserable, and most all of them have been hard work. The words below are not the only vows I took 13 years ago, but they are the ones most commonly shared by couples. I read them from time to time to remind myself of the promises I made that day. I think about the words, how much they encompass and the selflessness they require. Though I fail them sometimes, with God's help, I will keep trying "until death do us part".

If you are married, put your and your spouse's name in the parenthesis and remember these promises with me.


"I, (Name),


Take you, (Name),

To be my (wife/husband);

To have and to hold,

From this day forward,

For better, for worse,

For richer, for poorer,

In sickness and in health,

To love, to honor

and to cherish,

'Till death do us part." (or, "As long as we both shall live.")



Lovin' that man of mine,

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment