Friday, December 23, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

Below is a list of some of my favorite things. They are in no particular order and this list is not exhaustive.
You might find a few of your favorites or see some new things you want to try.

1. Peppermint Bark-Can't find it any other time of the year and it is so delish!

2. Holiday Inn and White Christmas-I love old movies and these are two of the best.

3. Decaf English Breakfast Hot tea- Great to drink on a cold winter's day.

4. The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey by Susan Wojciechowski-Just a good book to read to your kids.

5. The ADVENTure of Christmas: Helping Children Find Jesus in our Holiday Traditions by Lisa Whelchel- I love this book. We have been reading it in the evenings. It highlights Christmas traditions, their history, and how that tradition can shine the story of Jesus.

6. Hallmark Christmas movies-There is a Christmas movie on almost every afternoon or evening. They are good family movies and about one of our most favorite things! How great is that!

7 .Marathon Christmas shopping with to get it all done in one day-Christmas shopping is always a little difficult for me. Emily and I flew through Corinth on her birthday and did a great job gettingwhat I wanted to purchase for everyone. It is especially hard though when it comes to the children. Eric and I want to go together to purchase the gifts for them. The problem is that I work weekends and Eric works during the week. I have to wait for him to be out of school to shop. That is very close to Christmas. With the help of Papa and Nana, we hopped in the car, jetted to Florence, and made it home in record time. Score!

8. Detailed lists that make marathon Christmas shopping possible-This year I had a plan and it came together nicely. "I love it when a plan comes together!"

9. Going to the mailbox-I don't get very much "good" mail and the Christmas season brings so much "good" mail! I can't wait to see that longhand writing as I flip through the envelopes.

10. My Christmas card window- I frame my kitchen window with the Christmas cards we receive. I stop several times a day and look at them and I often spy my other family members pausing to look.

11. My Christmas tree ornaments and home decor- As I pull out our Christmas decorations, I have the privilege of remembering all of the sweet people who gave many of them to us. My mind flashes to the children Eric has taught in school, the faces of my GA's, the boys and girls we led in Sunday
School, and my lovely friends.

12. Riding around town looking at Christmas lights-we don't have the storage space for a yard full of
decorations but I LOVE yours! Keep putting them out!

13. Mary's song (Luke 1: 46-55)

14. Hearing my children sing Christmas carols-sweet voices singing the songs that have been sung for a
couple hundred years because they never go out of style

15. Christmas Eve service-can't wait!

16. Spending time with our extended familes-They are pretty cool folks. Super good gene pools.

17. All the GIVING going on!

18. Christmas music-"Still, Still, Still" is at the top of my list

I'll leave you with the lyrics to "Still, Still, Still". Become "Still, Still, Still" and read the words and
"dream, dream, dream of the joyous day to come".

Happy Christmas, my friends.

     

Still, still, still,
One can hear the falling snow.
For all is hushed,
The world is sleeping,
Holy Star its vigil keeping.
Still, still, still,
One can hear the falling snow.

 
Sleep, sleep, sleep,
'Tis the eve of our Saviour's birth.
The night is peaceful all around you,
Close your eyes,
Let sleep surround you.
Sleep, sleep, sleep,
'Tis the eve of our Saviour's birth.



Dream, dream, dream,
Of the joyous day to come.
While guardian angels without number,
Watch you as you sweetly slumber.
Dream, dream, dream,
Of the joyous day to come

No comments:

Post a Comment